Sunday, March 14, 2010


What a delightful time I had yesterday teaching the Glass Bead Inspired Lariat for the Bead Society of Greater New York. Nancy Tobey, whose bead IS the inspiration, made an assortment of beads just for the occasion. I'll be teaching this at the Bead and Button's 10th year anniversary Show in June. This class sold out on the second day of registration!
Just this week I replaced my little digital camera with what I thought was just a newer model of the same. Au contraire. This one requires batteries. AND, it took me 3 days to figure out where the photos go when I download them into my computer.
In the final moments of the BSGNY workshop, I snapped some photos to share here. Sorry to say, I forgot to set the camera to the appropriate size for the blog. The images are just too "big" to share electronically here. Suffice it to say they were each lovely. One beader brought her Karen Ovington bead to use as the focal bead.
In an email correspondence, with a beader named Mary, I mentioned the workshop for BSGNY. Much to my surprise, she showed up! Miraculously, she was able to register on the spot. Came to find out that this beader has been, until this weekend, a "stringer". Well, she did us all proud. She conquered this polygon stitch, a touch of netting, herringbone stitch and beadweaving jargon in a workshop geared to intermediate level beadweavers.

No comments:

Post a Comment