Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My first time to Europe began last Wednesday when I landed in Birmingham. Brenda Killigrew, Director of the Ink Berrow Design Centre and owner of Moral Fibre Feltmaking Studio, picked me up at the airport and we headed for Feckenham.
She took me to the IDC campus to meet the teachers in the fashion program. Then we stopped by Moral Fibre so I could set up the classroom for the workshop.
The streets are narrow, the homes are mostly brick and everything has been here a real long time.
Here on High Street is The Steps Guest House, my home sweet home for 4 nights. The bad news was that the commute to Ludlow is about an hour each way. The good news is that I can take in alot of the countryside this way.
The houses that aren't brick look like this one.
In addition to the college and studio, Brenda (right) also owns a retreat center in Spain, where she hosts workshops in a restful and rejuvenating environment. Janet (left) helped her get it going. I look forward to being asked to teach there. Wednesday evening the 3 of us had grilled pub fare right around the corner from my B&B. Janet explained that the taste left on the tongue by the Darwin's Original local ale is elderflower. Another first for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment